Florida Nursing Loan Forgiveness Program
In an effort to encourage qualified nurses to employ themselves in our state, the Florida Legislature established the Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program (NSLFP) in 1989. This little known program will pay up to $16,000 in student loans ($4,000 per year for four years).
Be advised that there is a finite amount of money that is paid out each year and is on a first come first served basis. If you want to receive funds, you will have to apply in January 2018 (this current year is currently out of funds). Applications are taken four times per year.To be eligible, you have to meet the following criteria:
- Be licensed as an LPN, RN, or ARNP in the state of Florida
- Have loans that were used toward a nursing education
- Work full-time at a site established in Section 1009.66, Florida Statutes
Much like the public service forgiveness program, were you work also has criteria (as mentioned above). You also must be employed at one of the following:
- State of Florida operated medical and healthcare facilities
- Public schools
- Department of Health county health departments
- Federally sponsored community health centers
- Teaching hospitals
- Family practice teaching hospitals
- Specialty hospitals for children
- Match facilities
If you would like more information on this or other types of help available to you as a student with loans, call us here at Delta Credit Restoration at 813-567-5855, or email us at email@example.com.
Make the Choice. Make the Change. Delta.