You have rights as a consumer and they have rules being debt collectors that protect you.
Some of these protections are in the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
- NO calls to you before or after 9AM/9PM.
- NO calls to your cell phone.
- You have a right to validation of the debt through the debt collector.
- You have the right to force debt collectors to stop calling you.
- You are protected from suit once the charged off account reaches a certain age.
These rights and many more can be found and much more information about credit can be found here:
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debts Collection Practices Act
- Contemplating Bankruptcy?
- Learn More About SBA
- Serviceman’s Relief Act
- List of Lesser Know Credit Bureaus
Find out more. Give us a call at 813-567-5855.
Make the Choice. Make the Change. Delta.